Name:
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona, United States

As you can see from my sites, I am heavily into radio controlled boats. I am married to a Japanese woman (whose name is Maiko), and I love to travel! I welcome comments and questions from all corners of the world!

Thursday, September 07, 2006


Hailing from Virginia Beach, Virginia is the first 1:350 scale Yamato to join the IYOA. Massey decided to convert his already-started static model into a Radio-controlled ship.

Built from the Tamiya kit, it will be 29.5 inches long, 4.5 inches wide when completed. He plans to use a JRXR2 for the radio Novak XXL reciever and of course a micro servo for the rudder. Interestingly. he plans to make dual rudders as the real Yamato had. I haven't heard of anyone doing both main and backup rudders on an R.C. Yamato before. Either 2 or 4 helicopter tail rotor motors for propulsion. Finally, a Quantum AI waterproof speed controller.


Built by: Massey
Built: 2006?
Length: 29.5 inches

Width: 4.5 inches

Home waters: In and around Virginia Beach, VA, USA

  • World Yamato Home
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home